Dictionary of technical terms
Cross cut – cutting paper to shreds
Strip cut – cutting paper to stripes
Auto Oiler – integrated system of automatic oiling of cutting knives, which prolongs machine’s lifespan.
Energy Smart – saving of energy thanks to zero power consumption in stand-by mode.
Shred Guard – protective metal detection system. The metal detection system provides the KOBRA 400 HS-OM shredders with additional protection against inadvertent inserting of metal parts to the shredder. The protective system automatically stops the device, preventing any possible damage to the cutting system and signals the presence of metal with a blue diode.
SPPU – Super Potential Power Unit – reinforced drive system used in KOBRA shredders, using gears made of specially hardened carbon steel and silent chain drive.
System Turbo Power – additional power boost, which eliminates paper jams.
System Throw and Shred – the wide entry permits to shred crumbled sheets of paper.
DIN 32757 – the standard defining the security level of shredders determines the size of the strips or shreds on which the document is destroyed.
Standard DIN 32757 distinguishes 5 basic levels of security.
- level 1, general use documents, strips with a width of less than 12 mm or a total cut area smaller than 2000mm²;
- level 2, internal documents, strips with a width of less than 6mm or a total cut area smaller than 800mm²;
- level 3, confidential documents, strips with a width of less than 2mm or shreds with an area less than 320mm², width less than 4mm, length less than 80mm;
- level 4, secret documents, shreds with an area smaller than 30mm², width less than 2mm, length less than 15mm;
- level 5, top secret documents, shreds with an area smaller than 10mm², width less than 0.8mm, length less than 13mm;
It is also proposed level 6, with even smaller shred than level 5.
Reverse function – allows to withdraw the wrongly inserted laminating pouch.
Thickness of the laminating pouches – in micron units, selected depending on the thickness of the laminated document.
Super Cut System – cutting system in guillotines KOBRA, based on blades made of specially hardened carbon steel, sharpened at an angle of 65 degrees.
Sheet-pressing system – it can be manual or automatic, facilitates stable paper placement and precise cutting.
Limiter – enables precise positioning of paper.